Published on Persian2english on 7 November 2009
translation from Persian: Persian2English
http://persian2english.wordpress.com/2009/11/07/a-letter-from-a-protester-in-iran-my-experience-on-13-aban /
German translation: Julia, for further publication please give link to this post
(Note: The following is a firsthand account of a young demonstrator, and their experiences on 13 Aban The report was from Persian. translated into English. Thanks to Cheyenne for the translation.)
Yesterday it was extremely frightening. It was like the lion's den! Karroubi had announced that he would be at 10:30 on the adhesive-e Tir. I went off with some friends, we thought we could march peacefully behind Karroubi, as on Quds day.
the way I saw several green-clad people were arrested. I found my friends, and we went off towards prison-e Tir. The cousin of my friend was very brave, she wore a green scarf, smiling, and went past the Basijis! As the crowd grew, we began to raise our hands and shouting "Allah-o Akbar" and "Death to the dictator". Initially did not respond to the police. The people asked the police not to allow the Basijis beat them, but the police laughed at them.
We began again to shout slogans, "The Russian Embassy is a nest of spies" and "Death to the dictator". At once attacked the Basijis again, and we fled again. I held the hand of my friend, Niloofar, as we were struck from behind with a baton. I yelled "do not hit!" Only Some of the Basijis were probably quite humane, and just said, we should disappear, so we ran away. I was separated from Niloofar. I ran on alone, as another Basij appeared before me. I knew that he wanted to attack me and I yelled at him that he should not beat me. He kicked me in the chest. I think he could fight sport. He hit me and ran away.
I was in pain, I ran and cried. I ran to Atefeh (another friend). Your cousin was courageous direction Vali-Asr go because she had heard that Moussavi would be there. Atefeh and I searched for Niloofar. Everywhere we looked, were police with batons and Basijis. It was clear that they deliberately mingled with the crowd to provoke fights, so it looked as if the protesters were violent. It was all just for show!
In the midst of all the power I saw a Basij with an electric baton - it was scary. The poor people were scattered total. We called "not America, not Russia, our movement comes from the people." But the violence was so intense that people could not stay together. I had very severe pain, it made me mad. My brave friend Atefeh kept saying to me, "swallow it, we came to withstand its blows!" But I could not stand it any longer and asked Atefeh to come with me, before we would be arrested by the savages. But Atefeh did not listen to me and wanted to stay there. I went alone and in pain for home.
I was worried about Niloofar, because I had lost in the attack from his eyes. When I got home, I got a call from Atefeh. She said that she was attacked along with a few other people and could bring in the car park of a residential building to safety. She said that she had missed the police a few good shots! Two hours later I got a call from Niloofar. She had arrived safely at home, and she told them at the Tehran University was passed, and inside were all green and had been in slogans called, and the police had been standing in front of goal, but had taken no action.
called Between 15 and 16 clock Atefeh at once. She was finally arrived at home, but the poor girl had been beaten pretty bad and had to hide in three different private car parks. Later I erfurh that had taken place all over Tehran protests: Vali-Asr, Enghelab, Taleghan, Ferdosi, Vanak, Arjantin, silk Khandan. But it was the most violence at the prison-e Tir, because Karroubi was there. Even Karroubi was shot at with tear gas and had to demonstrate again soon leave.
That was my report. Unfortunately I could not participate as actively. The truth is that I'm not particularly brave. If there was a risk that I am arrested, I would not go on. I do not mind being beaten, but to be arrested is intolerable.
Not only was there an uprising in Tehran, in Tabriz, Isfahan and even in Shiraz!
0 comments:
Post a Comment